snubnosed in alpha

Christian reflections on the way the world is and ways the world might be

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

sermons at Christ Community Church

Christ Community Church in Wilmington, NC has just posted some of the sermons from this summer. One from my friend, Tyler Groff, from the Master's Seminary in California:

Soli Deo Gloria (Psalm 115)

And three from yours truly:

Abram: An Unlikely Candidate for a Fresh Start (Genesis 11:27-12:9; Galatians 3:7-14)

Not So With the Sons of Abraham (Genesis 33:1-11; 2 Corinthian 5:17-21; Galatians 3:28-29)

The Hope of the Resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:1-8, 50-58)

The first two represent my first cracks at the impossible ideal of the Westminsterian redemptive-historical sermon. The third was, I think, more for my own peace of mind than anything else.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey David,
just listened to your third sermon.... I'm confronted with death on a regular basis now at work and I just wanted to say how nice it is to be reminded of our message of hope :)
Good to hear you speak, glad you haven't changed.

7:17 AM  
Blogger snubnosed in alpha said...

Hey Lisa,
I'm glad the message was encouraging to you. I felt like it was the message I needed to hear after a particularly tough sumer. I can't even imagine what sorts of things you see on any given day in the ambulance service.

Were you worried that I had changed for the worse?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No, I just liked the way you were before.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Taty said...

I listened to your sermon...about the resurrection...it was good! keep the light shining..

7:40 PM  
Blogger Taty said...

and for the record...i firmly believe you are worth a whole lot more than sparrows...

1:16 AM  
Blogger snubnosed in alpha said...

Thanks, Tatyana!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home