snubnosed in alpha

Christian reflections on the way the world is and ways the world might be

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

of digesting and Initech

Peter: The thing is, Bob, it’s not that I’m lazy. It’s that I just don’t care.
Bob 1: Don’t…don’t care?
Peter: It’s a problem of motivation. Alright? Now if I work my a** off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don’t see another dime. So where’s the motivation?
*Bobs 1&2 shake their heads incapable of answering the question*
Peter:
And here’s something else Bob: I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob 2: I beg your pardon?
Peter: Eight bosses.
Bob 2: Eight?
Peter: Eight, Bob. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That’s my only real motivation is not to be hassled. That and the fear of losing my job. But you know what, Bob? That’ll only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.
- Office Space (1999, Mike Judge), scene 12

"The digests will not be graded; however, failure to complete and turn in the digests by the required date will result in one half of a letter grade deduction on the final exam. So, if a student were to fail to hand in all three digests, an A final exam would be a B, etc."
- ST 313 syllabus

Let the reader understand.

4 Comments:

Blogger art said...

so what would you say ya do here?

3:30 PM  
Blogger snubnosed in alpha said...

I work with people. I have people skills.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The entire back row of the Salvation I class I'm in right now applauds you and this post, Sir!

12:15 PM  
Blogger snubnosed in alpha said...

Well, I'm glad I've got supporters. A little anti-digest solidarity does my heart good right about now.
Maybe I should print this post out and we could all sign it Declaration of Independence style and put it in Tipton's box.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home