snubnosed in alpha

Christian reflections on the way the world is and ways the world might be

Monday, April 09, 2007

my poem

I figured that, in the spirit of Mike and Mark, I would post one of the poems I wrote my freshman year in college. I'm sure many of you have had similar experiences.



The girl I love, sent from above
Dragged me to a sushi bar
The time was ample, for me to sample
Delicacies from afar

She ordered hers, it couldn't be worse
It was rice, fish and wasabe
I took one look, it wasn't cooked
At least not the way it oughta be

Oh, no! Here it comes, "Here, try some,"
She said with a grin on her face
I began to wonder if my "heavenly" lover
Hadn't come from the other place

First I thought, "Hey, why not?"
But then sanity kicked in
I'd already saw that that stuff was raw
And could very well do me in

I wanted to say "no", to get up and go
I started looking for my coat and hat
But I caught her eye, sat down with a sigh.
How could I say "no" to that?

I grabbed my chopsticks and snatched up the toxic
Perilous piece of fish
I dipped it in sauce and prepared to toss
My cookies all over my dish

I put the thing in and started chewin'
I thought the end must be near
My stomach churned, the wasabe burned
I thought, "Farewell, my dear!"

I finally swallowed, I thought Death would follow
To take this poor, fish-eating lad
I reached for my drink. She asked, "What'd you think?"
I said, "Actually, not bad."

5 Comments:

Blogger Taty said...

this is hilarious! hope your break was nice- besides digest and everything...

8:31 PM  
Blogger snubnosed in alpha said...

Jason, beating will not be necessary. At least Tatyana knows great art when she sees it...

7:11 AM  
Blogger Nicholas said...

I should warn you that Taty's favorite work of art is painted on velvet and has something to do with bulldogs and poker...

2:21 PM  
Blogger Tony Stiff said...

Guys doin poems, metro overload :)

Maybe you could start a new boyband, the Baxter Boys, keep it Reformed :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Taty said...

i have no idea what punk nick is talking about...

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home